Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Relative Expert

Earlier today, I conducted a workshop on "Utilizing Social Media to Build Your Brand & Grow Your Business”. It was extremely well received and the audience seemed to get genuine Value from the information that I shared. The funny thing is this: I never considered myself to be a Social Media Expert… until after I was finished.

It was then that I realized that I don’t have to be an expert compared to the smartest person in the field. I only have to be a Relative Expert compared to my peers and my audiences. For the record, my newfound status did not happen by accident. About six months ago, I decided that I wanted to become proficient in utilizing Social Media to grow my business. Therefore, I invested $400 in an amazing online course (www.crowdconversion.com), applied what I had learned, and Voilà!... I’m an Expert! This choice is also available to you every single day.

In what areas should you choose to become an Expert to achieve your professional goals?

It’s as simple as deciding… and doing. What are you waiting for?

No comments: