Monday, October 26, 2009

Quality Time


I spent several hours with my parents the other day. That’s the great news… because any time spent with “Mom” & “Daddy-o” is precious to me.

We spent most of our time together doing ‘busy work’ – making a quick trip to the bank… and me providing technical support on the new computer. I ‘blinked’, and it was time for me to leave. While I felt blessed to have had another day with two people who I Love, I was overwhelmed with the question I ask myself sometimes, “What if this is the last time?”

Was that the best use of our precious time together? Should it have been spent re-living memories… asking unanswered questions… taking a walk… getting one extra hug… or ‘just’ spending quiet time together? Most of us say that they want to “live life to the fullest”, but rarely do we appreciate what we have until it is gone.

Who should you be spending Quality Time with… while you still have the chance?

No comments: